Mathscara Festival

I did not spent any penny for this contest. Connections and Skills, my friend.  Make-Up: By yours truly.  Hair and Mathscara: A1...

I did not spent any penny for this contest. Connections and Skills, my friend. 
Make-Up: By yours truly. 
Hair and Mathscara: A1C friends. Special thanks to Ms. Mae Fajardo, Ms. Hannah Alcantara, Ms. Pam Arabe and Ms. Alex Moredo. Thank you guys for ditching class for me. Thanks for your unending support. HAHA. :)
My Mathscara Buddy, MM Abaya. She's also a Bridgetine. :)
Mathscara is an activity of the CEAS-Math Department for the Math week for all froshies. All first year students taking up math submits a sketch of the mask and the concept behind it should be connected to math. One class must vote for One mask that will compete all the other 41 sections, must pick One to model the mask and represent the class and must bid the mask. They announced winners based on the models and the concept of the mask and the over-all after the last day of the bidding. 
CEAS Cheerdancers.
The audience from first floor until the seventh floor of MBuilding. That's why my nervousness kills me. 
Thanks for all the support A1C! :)
I borrowed my costume from My former Alma-Matter, SBC. We used it before in our stage play "Joseph the Dreamer" before. :)

"From the sundry desserts and the bounteous Nile, came there forth the magnum opus of the splendid Ancient Egyptian civilization, the still standing pyramids. Orus, Osiris, Ra, these Egyptian gods and goddesses are nothing to the true language of knowledge, mathematics. Looking through the world with an Egyptian Mathematician's eye, ancient colossal monuments were built, people were saved from the overflowing of the Nile, and I present to you The Pharaoh's Head Inspired Mask. This work of art is hued with gold and embellished with precious stones symbolizing math as a stepping-stone to glory. While, the eternality of mathematics and man's pursuit of understanding life through math is represented by the circular headpiece. This piece is also adorned with mathematical symbols reinstating the power of logic and reason not only a state of intellect but also a a state of prestige. Let us pay homage to the great Egyptians, and likewise use math in seeing wonders, in seeing life." ~Ms.Hannah Alcantara's Brother
My 20 seconds of walk where I should give justice to all the efforts given by my classmates. 
We did not win. The Mask ranked 8th, My modeling ranked 3rd and the Bidding amount ranked 3rd also. That's why we ranked 5th in the over-all ranking. Not bad, to think that 42 sections competed, right? 
The Mathscara Champion, Mr. Jazzel Caniedo. :)
The other contestants also rocked the runway with their own creative walks and mascara. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments