Yellow Person: Cabin Crew Story

Got my 2nd diploma for the year. Getting my wings! I'm still so thankful to be part of a very diverse batch. Our batch...

Got my 2nd diploma for the year.
Getting my wings!
I'm still so thankful to be part of a very diverse batch. Our batch really shows how different people with different personalities and background unites, because we all have one dream.  The journey wouldn't be as fun as it would without them. 
My ever so lovely and pretty instructor and mommy, Janice
With mommy AK.
With Sir Jun Acullador, who released me for A320.
The best support system! Thank you o much to these lovely ladies who never stopped believing in me and kept pushing me to do better. Thank you so much for providing everything I to be able to be where I am right now.

How did I end up in the skies instead of working with accounts and papers?  It was actually unpredictable. Beforehand, I was applying and attending to interviews from diifferent companies in the metro for an accounting assistant position.While I was waiting for final interviews, I tried my luck and queued to a mass hiring for a cabin crew position. It was a total leap of faith. I entered the vicinity around 6:30am and as the hour pass by waiting until we get called inside the building the queue of people waiting outside gets longer. I then felt that I don't belong in there and I almost walked out the gate, because I can't get a grip of myself because of my nervousness seeing people who seem to look very professional and experienced in the field of work. Knowing that I'm just a fresh accounting graduate trying my luck.

The process was really quick, but It was totally exhausting where you feel like you sell yourself for like 3 hours, talking about what you do best and describing yourself. From the initial screening where we were called by 5 and our physical appearance got checked. I was the only one who got the green paper in my batch. To the initial interview wherein we were called by group of 8 and only 2 of us got in (and then I met my beshi. Hi Kate!). Then when I made it through the final interview, It was totally fulfilling, because they actually found potential in me even if I really doubted myself too much. Almost 1000+ people walked in to try their luck, but only 30 persons got picked. After which, we had a long list of requirements to accomplish to get into the training that we need to accomplish in small span of time. (Adulting stuff) It was tiring going back and forth Manila and Batangas, yet it was another self-fulfilling thing to accomplish it all within a week.

Choosing this work was no joke, and there is no turning back anymore. (The money, time and effort invested, and the support that people gave me. It feels like I'm going to be a total failure if I fail this training) The training was never easy. Emotionally, being away from home, my family, friends, and people I use to see. (It feels so lonely, even if I have my classmates) Physically and Mentally exhausting (like school. Sitting down for 8 hours listening, then 2 hours of traffic before I get home, all-night studying to be able to pass exams with passing grade of 95% and then waking up early in the morning to be able to groom myself (I usually get 3 hours of sleep max). Sometimes there would also be drills for emergency procedures that gave us bruises and sore throats.(still, it's all worth it) I am a very studious person since college, but I never memorize. I'm used to just staying up all night practicing solving and analyzing accounting problems, but only in this training, that I was able to memorize manuals that are inches thick all for safety and procedures for different airbuses.

I thought 2 months was too long, but I never realized it was passing by as I got invested so much with the importance of the work to people, the importance of building relationships with other people around me and my urge to serve people became deeper. It was a life-changing experience. I first thought of accepting the job because it was my first hire (may pamahiin sila eh), but I then realized that I accepted it because it was another leap outside my comfort zone and it was meant for me. I was meant to serve people and keep them safe 3800ft above.

To more take-offs and landings and to more safe skies! 
Rica Maron Denise S. Dayag, MICB, RCA, CAT, your Cabin Crew and I'm Flying with you! 

Carpe vita tua!

You Might Also Like

0 comments